Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday 13 August 2010

At work last night - ahh, my back hurt! All I wanted to do was bludge and let the other staff member take over! Normally, when he's my helper, he does take over. But last night I had a "buddy". Basically, she does the same as me for the WHOLE shift so she knows what she has to do when she has the shift to herself.  Anyway, I let her and the helper do most of the work. I came back after one of last nights frequent trips to the toilet, and he tells me that the "buddy" is Portuguese. This is interesting, as the Family Day Care lady that looks after Jensen is also Portuguese. I said "Oh the day care lady is Portuguese too!" Buddy asks "What's her name?" I had a total mind blank. There was nothing that was going to make me remember what her name is! Apparently this was obvious, so Buddy asks where she lives. I tell her and she comes back with Catarina - which yep, that's my daycare lady!  Turns out she goes over there and visits her! She asks which one is my kid... The blonde one that looks like he needs a haircut!


Last night at work too, I feign a pulled muscle in my tummy. It's not a pulled muscle, obviously, but stretching of the preggy belly!  The stretching pain lasts most of the shift, but around half way through the shift, I realise - this is it. I'm pregnant. Remember all that pain and uncomfortable-ness I had when pregnant for the first time. The aches and stretches etc... It's all going to happen again. Labour - it's going to happen all over again. What the heck have I done?


The first pregnancy, it's all really exciting and you just really don't know what's going to happen next. People can tell you things all they want, but it really is a once-in-a-lifetime experience! 2nd time round, I know what's coming, and the reality hit last night. I am freaked out. Especially about labour. I've got previous with that knowledge, and it scares me. A little over 29wks and another little life will be squeezed out. And another thing that scares me is I've been telling Andrew that I want to do it drug free this time. WTF? That's just going to create more freaking pain.


what have I done!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear from you!