Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday 28 August 2010

I have been meaning to get back into blogger, but everything is just so busy. Uni, a busy three-year-old, work and keeping a household... It was all do-able before being pregnant. If I didn't have assignments, or have to study, sure it's ok. But in 2 weeks I have 2 exams, a fortnight later, another exam, and at some point a 1500 word essay and group presentation need to be submitted. I have no idea about the essay, or the presentation. It makes starting them so much harder.


I'm starting to get Andrew to help out a bit more. Coz for crying out loud, how hard is it to stack the freaking dishwasher?


Family know now.  Andrew's parents were told when they came round for Jensen's birthday dinner. I told my sister when we were out shopping. My mum, aunty, James and Sherryn (Andrew's brother and his fiancee) and Andrew's friend found out at dinner. My mum squealed and made half of crowded sizzler stop and look.


I had my first midwife appointment, it's all kind of official now. Monday I enter the 2nd trimester (but not according to the stupid ticker...).  But because I can't feel the baby kicking, or have no morning sickness, I could forget I'm pregnant. It just doesn't seem real enough yet. I've put on 2 kilo's in the last 12 weeks, but look like I'm just plain fat. Like I've put on 5kg or more!  Dressed I look fat, like a fat person trying to wear clothes that are just one size too small. I look disgusting. God only knows what everyone else thinks when they look at me (especially when that occasional craving for a cheeseburger kicks in !). In the mirror, before a shower, thats when I look pregnant. I have a bump that looks bigger than it should be. But I look pregnant, not fat. and OMG, I'm going to need a new bra soon. Work doesn't know yet, but I'll tell them soon.


No cravings as such, but milk with strawberry flavouring is FANTASTIC! Same with tomato and cheese... on a sandwich or saladas. Yum!


Jensen knows now, obviously. He wants to rock and cuddle the baby. I think he's really looking forward to it all. There's a baby at daycare, and he's on the heels of the daycare lady when she looks after the baby.  Wants to know whats going on, and if he can help.  Jensen even has his own baby in his tummy, but his baby is apparently bigger than mine. He woke up one morning and told me that the baby made his back hurt, and his tummy hurt, and his hands hurt... Oh, kid... if only you knew! :)


Nuchal scan looking for Downs Syndrome and other genetic disorders is this coming Tuesday. Jensen will get to see the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear from you!