Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday 4 August 2010

It's so busy here now, and I'm knackered by the time  I have the chance to sit down and belt out a blog post.

Last Thursday (gosh! Seems like longer than a week ago!) we had a ultrasound.  From what the doctor averaged, I was supposed to be 8wk 1 day. During the scan, the date has been moved up 2 days. So, 8wk 3 days. All Andrew was worried about was how many babies there were. My first concern was that it had a heartbeat. Thankfully, it does.  By that time last week, most of the morning sickness is gone!  Just tiredness in the evening (last night, for example, I was in bed by 7pm). I've moved my 10wk dr appt up to this coming Friday (actually, I need to confirm that - phew! yep, it is!) for logistics, coz I'll be down that way anyway, and also so I can get the 'script' as it were for the 10wk scan... you know the one, the one that checks for Downs Syndrome etc. To be perfectly honest, I didn't have the scan with Jensen, so I really don't want it with this baby,  but I had an MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccination the month before falling pregnant, and one of my doctors is not happy about that. She told me to wait three months, and oops, one month later - baby on it's way! It wasn't planned, either, to be like that. It just happened.  We'll see what this other doctor on Friday has to say about the 10wk scan. I'd like to know if baby is still with us (coz the morning sickness is gone, I just don't know any more!) before we announce it to the world.


Jensen's birthday party - I did put out a facebook invitation thing. But MIL can't even make it - FIL can, my friend I haven't seen in ages can't make it. Seems to be the way when I plan things. And we don't get to go out for dinner much. So we've decided to change it to dinner at Sizzler on either the Friday or Saturday night. Then I thought, hmm what about Sizzler Sunday morning breakfast? To be honest, I worry there's some sort of listeria or other germ that's bad for pregnant women hanging around in there. And I know the moment we announce the pregnancy - coz thats where we're doing it, hence why I want to have the scan first - my sister will be watching what I eat... that's if she can make it....


Monday night there was a situation at home. I wont go into it, as I eventually want family to be able to read this and not judge etc. However, the situation got to a point where I scooped up Jensen, grabbed my car keys and ran out and drove off. I was bawling my eyes out. It's hard to drive like that ;) Anyway, Jensen, strapped into his chair in the backseat, was calm the whole time.  "Calm down Mummy. Take a deep breath. Stop crying and breathe deeply. It's ok. Do you feel all better now?" he soothed from back there. It's hard to be distressed when there's an almost 3 year old speaking in such a tone that you don't hear from them. I'd have thought he'd be more strung out than I was, freaking out. I cannot thank him enough for that. Each time I'd start back up again, he'd start with his little mantra "Take a deep breath".  Even just remembering that he was saying all that fills me with an awe that he was so calm and how much I love my little man xx When we did go home (we were only gone about 10 mins), he sighed and said "Ahh, it's good to be home!" 

I best get ready for work now. I didn't sleep well, was at uni 9am - 1pm and I start work again 230pm - 10pm. Same again tomorrow :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear from you!