Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday 20 December 2011

Christmas Cookies

You know, these aren't just for christmas. But it is christmas, and I have new christmas shaped cookie cutters, so I thought I'd better find a recipe that actually works so that Jensen can enjoy (and I can enjoy when I get a moment!) fancy shaped biscuits that don't just look like a lump.


Found a recipe on the taste website, thanks to Life as Mummy Max.


I didn't ice mine.


Christmas Cookies I baked mine for around 15 mins in a 170' fan-forced oven.

Ingredients

  • 250g butter, at room temperature
  • 125g (3/4 cup) icing sugar mixture
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 300g (2 cups) plain flour
  • 70g (1/2 cup) custard powder
  • 2 tbs milk

Method

  1. Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the vanilla. Add the flour, custard powder and milk. Stir until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a well-floured surface and bring together. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to rest.
  2. Prepare, bake and decorate the biscuits according to your recipe.
Freezing tip: Roll into a log at the end of step 1. Place in the freezer for up to 3 months. Bring to room temperature before using.

 I baked mine for around 15 mins in a 170' fan-forced oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear from you!