Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Eden versus the hot chicken

Argh! Toddlers! On Saturday, I took a hot chook out of the oven and Eden walked in right under it. Hot chicken juice dripped onto her head. I turned the hot water off in Andrew shower and jammed her under the cold water. Andrew had no idea what was going on coz his eyes were squinted shut coz he was washing his hair. I took her out and patted her down (she was screaming for a different reason now, I assumed she thought she was being waterboarded - if she knew what that was!) There were red marks, so I put some ice onto it, called the on-call health number and ended up being advised to go to the hospital. By the time this call was finished, I was more concerned that it may have gotten into her eye, than any burns. I changed her into dry clothes and got the hospital 15 min later. When I got there and explained to the triage nurse what happened Eden just looked like a normal child with some crazy mother. The nurse seemed to humour me anyway and within 45mins we were seen by the eye doctor on (remembering that this is a Saturday night!) and pretty much home within a hour of arriving at this hospital! Pretty good I think. Eden was fine, but very very lucky.
Juice dripped onto the top of her head, her forehead,
beside her eye and cheek. Thankfully not in her eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear from you!