Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Please Mum and Dad

I was reading a birthing book ("Hypnobirthing"), which - to be honest - is not my kinda thing...


But at the end there was this little "poem", that very very nearly had me in tears.


Please Mum and Dad
My hands are small. I don't mean to spill my milk.
My legs are short - please slow down so I can keep up.
Don't slap my hands when I touch something bright and pretty. I don't understand.
Please look at me when I talk to you. It lets me know you are really listening.
My feelings are tender - don't nag me all day. Let me make mistakes without feeling stupid.
Don't expect the bed I make or the picture I draw to be perfect. Just love me for trying.
Remember, I am a child, not a small adult. Sometimes I don't understand what you are saying.
I love you so much. Please love me just for being myself, not just for the things I can do.
- Author unknown.


I apologise. Just as I was typing that - yes, I did have a cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear from you!