Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday 3 December 2010

Cookie Cutter Success

OMG FINALLY!!


I used this recipe:


1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
1 egg
2 and 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp van essence or extract (I use a concentrated vanilla extract, I think this makes a real difference)

cream butter and sugar add egg and vanilla, mix in flour, chill in fridge for around an hour. roll out and cut, cook until edges are slightly browned around 10-15 mins.


There was no oven temp, but I put it at 180 for 10 mins.


AND I used this recipe:


Ingredients
125g butter, softened
3/4 cup (165g) brown sugar, firmly packed
1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
1 egg
1/4 cup (35g) SR flour
1/4 cup (35g) cocoa
200g dark eating chocolate, melted (I just used cadbury choc chips)
hundreds & thousands
Method

  1. beat butter, sugar and egg in small bowl with mixer until combined. Stir in sifted dry ingredients, in two batches.
  2. knead dough on floured surface until smooth. Roll between sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Cover and refrigerate for 30 mins.
  3. preheat oven to 180deg/60deg fan forced. Line trays with baking paper.
  4. Using 3cm, 5cm and 6.5 cm round cutters, cut 14 rounds of each size from dough (cut as many as you can, then you need to re-knead a little bit and roll out and refrigerate again, but only for 10 minutes). Place 3cm rounds on one tray and larger ones on other trays.
  5. bake small cookies about 10 minutes and larger ones for 12. cool on wire racks
  6. when completely cool, spread tops of biscuits with melted chocolate and sprinkle with 100s & 1000s and set at room temp. (we made these on a really warm day, so I popped in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to set and they were fine.
Makes 42.


I haven't yet melted the chocolate and put it on the cookies, but I think I'll get there before Andrew and Jensen eat them all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear from you!