Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday 17 September 2010

Well, it's been a while. And I do mean to get in here more often, but I've just been busy. I say this each time, but yeah, it's true.

I realized yesterday, while I was cooking dinner for the family after I got home from uni and before I left for work, that I have absolutely no time for myself. Hence the lack of blog entries.

I intend to amend this. For Jensen, I documented when I told people, when movements happened, when we painted his room etc. I haven't done that at all for this bub. I feel a bit bad. So, I'll have to make a post, or a blog totally dedicated to baby.

Ok. I'm 15 weeks now. Mondays are my 'rollover' day, so not long now til 16 wks. Last week (on a wednesday), so 14 wks, I was in a lab class where we get to practice techniques on each other. I got to be the patient. So I'm lying down and the girls are palpating my abdomen, and now you can feel the uterus. So they felt it and they stepped away and omg ! A movement! So early! It was a definite movement from baby! Shame they missed it! I have been feeling little movements since then, nothing quite as full on, but little ones none the less. Andrew and Jensen can't feel it yet, but it's there. Can't wait til they can. 

I 'popped' really early too this time. Perhaps coz I'm between 15-20kg lighter this time round. Perhaps it's because apparently thats the way it happens the 2nd time round. I've got sciatic pain, that really only seems to play up at work. How convenient.

I read on a online forum all these threads started about stillborn babies, or late miscarriages. It's totally heartbreaking and while I'm devastated for those families, all I can think is I hope it doesn't happen to me, and have this fear that it will (and I've had this fear the whole time so far). Andrew has come home the other night and tells me that his cousin's wife has just lost their baby. She was not quite 21 weeks pregnant yet, and miscarried. Now I'm worried that it's going to happen to me.  He wanted to know why I'm more worried now that I know that his cousin's wife has miscarried, than I was after reading on the forum. I never mentioned to him before that I had this fear, but now that it's happened in Andrew's family, I'm even more worried.. genetics or something.

I gotta quickly scoff my lunch and pick up Jensen and get ready to go to the dr.... Something for another post ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear from you!