Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday 30 September 2010

Successful morning!

Ah! Back from the doctors!
I tell the doctor that I'm forever panicky about this baby. I tell her that I mowed on Friday afternoon and hurt myself. I ate pizza on Sunday - to which I'm told no greasy food :'( - Grocery shopped on Monday and hurt myself. Reversing my car on Tuesday hurt, cleaned out and made a nursery yesterday (ooh! Must put up a photo for you ! ) aaaand hurt myself. All in the same spot. My sciatica was playing up last night at work and when I got home from work last night my arms had 'restless legs'... you know, restless legs? Well, it was my forearms. Anyway. My blood pressure seems to be consistent... I can't remember what the last ones were, but today was 99/60 (optimum is 120/80). It may seem like nothing exciting, but I like knowing now that I'm a nursing student, it actually makes sense!  Urine test I had done, first was fine. 2nd had leukocytes (white blood cells) and epithelial cells (from the lining of the bladder). So no UTI, but I need to do another urine test anyway to check for other leukocytes. She did tell me why, but I forgot.  Printed out my ultrasound referral. Anyway, moving on. We check for baby's heartbeat. Doctor gets out the doppler and we listen. And listen. And listen. Ok. Starting to freak out now. Doctor has a sore back so she grabs a stool so she can sit down. OK. Listening.... What seems like 10 mins (although I'm sure it's less than 5) we FINALLY hear a heartbeat. Oh baby, you make mummy panic! This is not a game! Get bigger so I can feel you kick! :D


After leaving the doctor, I call Andrew to see if he's ok to take the day off on a Friday coming so we can go to Straddie for our camping holiday. He just tells me to come to his work. So I go and hang out with him for an hour, organise the days we're going and his days off.  Now I have to see if I can wrangle leaving 30 mins early from the last day of prac so we can make the 3pm barge.


While I'm there, I book my 18-20 week morphology ultrasound. I call up and book it for 2 weeks. I'll be 19 wks then. The guy tells me that I'm lucky, that they're normally booked out up to 6 weeks in advance, that it must be quiet this time of year for morphology scans.  I'm booked in for 9am on that Friday, and best of all, I'll be BULK BILLED! Oh, that is awesome!! Only problem is, I'll be going on my own. Andrew can't get time off work, and mum and Monica work. There's no one else. :( 


I go and hand in some paperwork to the real estate, to extend our lease and head over to pay for our camping trip. So it's paid for!  The weekend after my uni placement is dedicated to camping! Fingers crossed it's HOT and not rainy or windy. There's a play ground and it's right near a patrolled beach. I can't wait! I'm so excited!


And I changed my address with Queensland Transport. lol we've only been here 11 months!


All in all, a successful morning. I hope work goes quickly! A girl at work is giving me a baby bath and bouncer coz she's been given 3 of each! Aaaah freee-beeees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear from you!