Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday 23 June 2010

The best comments

I was sitting at The Coffee Club. By myself with Jensen sleeping in a pram. 
A man with busy Merv Hughes type mustache sits at the next table. 
My mum arrives. 
We order our drinks and wait. And wait. And wait. The the "duty manager" service chickee wastes her time chatting to the mustache man. Gets him his drink in a different cup.
We're still waiting! 20 minutes for coffee, is that normal?


Finally, coffee arrives (I don't drink coffee, but you get the idea). 
Jensen wakes up - what timing!
Mustache man asks how old Jensen is, as I turn the pram around so I can see him.  Obviously, he didn't hear me, and asked how old he was again. 


Then he asks.... "If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" I grinned a sheepish grin and told him. 
"Oh good!" he says "Because I thought you looked, and don't take this the wrong way, 16 or 17!"




Wow. 
At the beginning of semester at uni, someone asked me if I graduated high school last year.  When I started my job in 2009, they asked me the same thing.


Really?! I think I look my age! However, I am happy to look younger, but how much younger? Isn't 17 a bit of a stretch?


Have you ever had a comment like this? Much difference in age between what you were and how old they thought you were? Older or younger?

2 comments:

  1. The best one I ever got was when I was at uni, so 19 years old, almost 20. I was helping my parents with orientation day at the high school I went to & that my siblings were still attending. When all the kids had to go off to do their thing I was asked separately by three different parents why I wasn't going with the other kids. Aaah yeah because I graduated from this school almost 3 years ago & am just helping my parents, not STARTING high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it ;) At 28, I get asked for ID every now and then and I'm always stoked :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear from you!