Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday 19 June 2010

Garage Sale

Sick of hearing me whinge about my kid? I'm sick of whinging about him - coz I love him to pieces and I know it'll pass.


So. I have  a secret. I love a bargain. Can't just be a bargain though, it has to be a GOOD bargain! Bargains are good too though :)


I also love garage sales !  Jensen and I went to 3 today. I cold have gone to more, but we were walking, and they'd have to have been in walking distance. 


One had a little train set we bought for Jensen for $1 {because he needs more toys - I think I might add it to the pile to be sent to mums for her toy stash!}


The next was at a nursing home {the one I work at, actually!}. They have a "garage sale" of sorts - and today everything was 1/2 price! {see, that's a good bargain!}


I bought some flannelette pj pants that wont fit me, purely to cut them up to make pants for Jensen, a skirt for work/uni placement, a saucepan - for the sole purpose of me attempting to make soap, a giant teacup - coz I'm sick of three mouthfuls and it's gone and 2 tupperware spice jars.


I was told about another garage sale, that was on my way home by someone. When I got there, there was a $2 table, a $1 table, a 50c table and a 20c table.  I could have bought a juicer for $2, but what would I juice? Instead, on the 20c table were 5 popper holders. You know, the ones you put poppers {juice box, etc... what else are poppers called?} in? 5 x 20c = $1 bargain! He said I could have them all for 20c! Nice!  Also, I saw a spice rack. I've been wanting a spice rack for years! It was mine! Another 20c! 


Finally on our way home, pram laden with goodies. All for a bargain of $5.90.


I should have made a better dent at the nursing home, but meh. :) Happy with my bargains!


btw, the table was once a garage sale bargain! 

1 comment:

  1. I love garage sales and freecycling. Bargains all round!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear from you!