Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday 6 June 2010

Is romance dead?

Oh where I start?!

After reading a post about s e x on Lori (random ramblings of a sahm) - Jensen in the bathtub, husband buttering toast - husband wonders if Lori's husband wiped the bench down before making his sandwich, and with a cheeky look on his suggests the same kitchen tryst.


. . . . . . 


Later, after watching the season final (please tell me it was the season final and not the finale!) of Bones, I mention that I'm a closet romantic. I would absolutely love some sort of romantic notion from my husband. Husband has said he's a romantic. I asked how he was a romantic. His answer? Oh dear. Do I repeat it?? 


"I showed you my **** in the pantry, didn't I?" * 
(*this has been edited for many, many various reasons, however I had no idea how to create a sentence as blunt as he said it, so use your imagination! )


WOW.  Seriously?


Sometimes I think - what part of my closest romanticist fell for the totally unromantic? Husband is a definite, 100% unromantic. 


So I wonder, is romance dead? What has your husband/wife/partner done for you lately?  I don't want to live vicariously through you, but I'd like know that someone out there is lucky! Or, if someone is unlucky like me? :)

3 comments:

  1. ROFL, you sure we aint married to the same guy? :)

    And after that HORRIBLE non-ending, I checked IMDB, and breathed a sigh of relief to learn that the next season is already half done. PHEW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to take the shreds when I see them. Lovely husband will pour me wine and a bath (aboout once a quarter.) He thinks that is romantic. I know it is self serving because he wants a shag. I have to remind myself it is better than nothing......

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear from you!