Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Ever wonder ...

Please don't take offense to anything mentioned in here... It's meant to be light-hearted :)

The strangest things occur to me at the strangest times. Like, sweeping the floor, I've come up with - and named - a (yet another !) new blog chapter (page) that will be added to my blog résumé (should be up sometime in June - after exams).

So while I was mowing on Monday - and following the thought process - I thought about Tuesday, and if I was going to uni. If I was, J would be looked after by my Grandma. Now, is my Grandma feeling better. Did she get over her cold /flu thing? It's been 2 weeks now... I don't want her to be too sick, and things go down hill from here. I don't know what I'd do if she passed away (yes, I'm aware, she's not immortal). My grandma has been like a 2nd mother to me. Then I wondered, who would plan her funeral? Then, what music they play? What music do I want played at MY funeral?

Depressing, the way that thought process became really negative... but what do I want played at my funeral??

Have you ever wondered what your funeral would be like? (this isn't supposed to be sad / depressing - so if you're feeling that way snap out of it! :) )

I have no idea what I want my funeral to be like. But I know what music I'd like at mine. 2 songs in particular.
Long Black Train - by Josh Turner (not really a journey into the next life, but the black train is the devil - so don't get on it)

But you know there's victory in the Lord I say,
Victory in the Lord,
Cling to the Father and His holy name,
And don't go ridin' on that Long Black Train

[please don't take offense to the Lord references, especially if it's not your view to things ;) ]

When I Get Where I'm Going - by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton. As the song suggests, it's for when he gets where he's going... The verse that sums it up for me is :

Yeah when I get where I'm going,
there'll be only happy tears.
I will shed the sins and struggles,
I have carried all these years.
And I'll leave my heart wide open,
I will love and have no fear.
Yeah when I get where I'm going,
Don't cry for me down here.


So, when the time comes (and I'm hoping it's a long time away) ... don't mourn too much - celebrate my life!

So, now that these ad's are on tv about organ donation and discussing that with your loved ones, have you discussed what you'd like to send you off to the next life, God forbid anything happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear from you!