Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday 7 June 2010

Daycare

Ok,  who sends their kids to daycare? Even if it's just one day a week? School?


J goes to daycare 3 days a week, and only because I went back to uni (I say "back" but this is my first year).


I got a note from the day care lady last week (family day care) saying, "you need to send J with more food!"


Oh dear. The monkey wont eat heaps when he's at home, but eats and is hungry at daycare?


Ok then. What do I send him with???


Last night I went on a cooking spree (again, I say "spree" but the mess created was more than the food cooked). I cooked Lentil burgers for dinner. Chickpea patties for J and husband to take for snacks, banana and chocolate muffins (from a blog hop!), cheesy corn muffins (another blog hop!) and quiche.


So today he was sent with a lentil ball (just one of the patties I made into a "rissole" of sorts) and 2 chick pea patties (they're only the size of his palm), a skinny slice of quiche, a snack cup of yoghurt, an apple, a banana, some tinned apricots - whether he'll eat these is another story! - one each of the muffins listed above (they're small!), some cheese cubes, some home made muesli bar, and a home made ginger nut biscuit. Oh! and a piece of madeira cake left over from work.


the kid's not going to be hungry at dinner if he eats all that! I'm hoping that some of it comes home, coz that's A LOT of food! I thought I was supplying enough, but maybe not. Maybe it's time to over-supply and have it come home than to have him hungry....


I'm so confused as to what to send!

2 comments:

  1. They all sound yum!

    For a full day at kindy or school (9am - 3pm) I would typically send two portions of fruit, a sandwhich, a handful of fava beans, some dried fruit, and a muffin.

    This seems to be enough....but often they are so busy they are not keen at to eat much? Then they are STARVING when I get them home....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a lot of fun. I dunno, DC provides food where the Chop goes...

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear from you!